Recipe by daggle
A great dish that would be a nice change for holiday meals or anytime. from RD november 06 edition.
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced chili pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 yams, peeled and cut into 1/2 in. squares
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored & cut 1/4 in. squares
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350f.
- Combine first 6 ingredients and set aside.
- Melt butter in large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add yams, tossing to brown.
- Add apples and toss; remove from heat.
- Drizzle cider mixture over yams and apples; toss.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Toss every 5 minutes, adding more cider if necessary to avoid sticking.