1/1 Photo of Spiced Winter Squash With Fennel
Warm spices, a little olive oil and less than an hour in the oven transform fall vegetables into a tasty side dish. From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 425F/220°C.
- 2The squash should be peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1" pieces.
- 3Trim the fennel and cut lengthwise into 1" wedges.
- 4Peel onions and leaving root end intact, cut into 1/2" wedges.
- 5Place all the cut-up vegetables into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 6In a glass bowl or measuring cup, combine the olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper. Mix to blend.
- 7Pour the spice mix over the veggies and toss to coat.
- 8Grease a roasting pan with the 1 tablespoon of oil and then tip the vegetables into the pan and spread evenly. Use a rubber spatula to get the remaining oil and spices out of the bowl.
- 9Roast until the vegetables are tender and browned, turning once or twice, about 45 minutes.
- 10Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Winter Squash With Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g