Recipe by RunninLion
This is a recipe from Cascadian Farm that I'm putting here for safe keeping. Haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to try!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups vegetables or 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 ounces cascadian farm organic winter squash, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Saute onion, celery and ginger over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in squash thoroughly.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until soup has thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Add pepper, nutmeg and salt to taste.
- If desired, soup can be enriched with 1/2 cup of milk or light cream.