Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Perfect for crisp, cool fall mornings.
Top Review by Shannon Holmes
These were so good! I cut the recipe in half and made 4 big pancakes, also cut the oil in half (only 1 tbsp.) and used 1/4 cup applesauce instead of eggs. I also used more cinnamon in the pancakes, 1.5 tsp for half of the recipe as I also didn't have any coriander on hand and I <3 cinnamon. The syrup went perfect with the pancakes, thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!!!!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- To make Honey-Cinnamon Topping: Place a small saucepan on low heat; add honey and cinnamon; stir for 1 minute.
- Add in butter and stir until melted; keep warm.
- To make pancakes: In a big mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, and honey together; add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in nuts.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface; flip pancake over and cook until the other side is golden.
- Serve warm pancakes with Honey-Cinnamon Topping.