Recipe by Sharon123
Warms hearts and souls! A soothing drink to unwind with! Sometimes I add a tablespoon or two of orange juice concentrate just for a change! Adapted from Country Living magazine and tweaked a little. This may easily be halved or even quartered.
Top Review by Annacia
Very nice indeed. I followed Mikekey's lead to make it more diabetic friendly and didn't find it lacking in anything. I had a mug with tonight's dinner of Recipe #484460. I'm glad there is a lot left. :D
- 1892.72 ml apple cider
- 14.79-29.58 ml orange juice concentrate (optional)
- 59.14-78.07 ml dark brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 allspice berries
- 1 inch chunk fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 whole cloves
- 8 slice oranges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 quart saucepan, combine cider, orange juice concentrate if using, sugar, cinnamon sticks, allspice berries, ginger, and cloves.
- Heat to a simmer and allow to cook 20 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher and garnish with orange slices.
- Serve warm.