Recipe by Annacia
I love that this recipe makes a small amount. It's enough to add chopped, better tasting, nuts to a pumpkin or banana bread for instance. Double or triple the amount using full halves to place on guest trays or in bowl's. Easy and quick to make.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup walnuts (whole or coarsely chopped depending on planed use)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon boiled cider or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the butter and add the walnuts.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are barely starting to brown; this can happen quickly, so keep an eye on them.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the nuts and stir; add the boiled cider or maple syrup and stir again to coat the nuts.
- Sprinkle with salt and a pinch of cayenne if using.
- When the nuts are coated, remove from the heat and spread on a baking sheet or piece of parchment to cool.