Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
"WHERE'S MY NUTS?" Every year at Christmas, my mom has friends and family asking her this very question! She makes these tasty treats every year for Christmas. These sweet treats are even gobbled up by the avowed nut haters in the family!
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and evaporated milk in medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- The mixture should be brought to the soft stage, which is at 235°-240° on a candy thermometer.
- The soft stage is when a small amount dropped into cold water forms a soft, flexible ball.
- Add the nuts and vanilla.
- Stir until the mixture can no longer be stirred.
- Turn out on wax paper and let cool.
Outstanding flavor........easy to make!
Why wait until Christmas? These spiced walnuts make a great addition to any party. I used them for an appetizer party we had and it was a perfect addition. Make these any time of the year, you won't be sorry. Thanks for sharing, Sharkie.
These are a nice treat for Christmas. Followed the recipe exactly and they turned out wonderful. They would also be good for gift boxes. Thankyou Sharkie.