Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great recipe from Trefethen Vinyards in Napa Valley. Their suggestion is to have these with some blue cheese and fresh pear slices. They do go wonderfully together! I sometimes spread the blue cheese on a pear slice and top with the walnut for a great appetizer.
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whip egg white in large bowl until frothy.
- Toss walnuts in and coat thoroughly.
- Combine sugar ad spices and sprinkle over walnuts, coating evenly.
- Spread walnuts onto cookie sheet, in 1 layer and roast in oven until toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Exactly what I was looking for to serve with wine and cheese. My suggestion is to use Maytag Blue Cheese.Simply elegant and draws rave reviews because it's different from the same old nibbles everybody else serves!!