Recipe by echo echo
A spicy treat, good for holiday giving.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
These were pretty good but not much spice stayed on the nuts. It seemed as if most of it drained into the paper towels. I left mine in for 10 minutes and they were crisp but didn't taste very toasty, so I would leave them longer next time. If I can figure out how to keep more spices on the nuts, I will try again. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 cups walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil through the cayenne in a skillet.
- Heat over low heat until the oil is very hot (don't let the oil smoke).
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the walnuts to the oil and stir until coated.
- Spread the walnuts in a power towel-lined shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 300° 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cool; pack in fancy jars.