This is a delicious coffee cake, I make this for special occasions!
Make and share this Spiced Walnut Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 2⁄3 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Topping: In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and salt. With a pastry cutter,cut butter into the mixture. Stir in walnuts. Refrigerate.
- Cake: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpking pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy and blended, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- On low speed, beat in the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the topping over the batter. Spoon remaining batter over topping. Sprinkle remaining topping over top of cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Loosen edges with a knife or small spatula. Cut into 12 equal pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar and just enough milk to get a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake squares and allow to set before serving.