1/3 Photos of Spiced Walnut Coffee Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Nikki Kate's Note:
This is a delicious coffee cake, I make this for special occasions!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 2/3 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Coat an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Topping: In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and salt. With a pastry cutter,cut butter into the mixture. Stir in walnuts. Refrigerate.
- 4Cake: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpking pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- 5In another large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy and blended, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 6On low speed, beat in the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes.
- 7Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the topping over the batter. Spoon remaining batter over topping. Sprinkle remaining topping over top of cake.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Loosen edges with a knife or small spatula. Cut into 12 equal pieces.
- 9In a small bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar and just enough milk to get a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake squares and allow to set before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Walnut Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.6
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 196.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g