Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely unusual dressing that is great with cheese or cold roast beef salads! Makes enough dressing for a salad for four people. Keeps for ages in a jar in the fridge only needing a good shake before use.
- 8 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 10 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the vinegar into a pan, add the cloves, star anise and a splash of water.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the liquid by half.
- Allow the spice vinegar to cool and pour into a clean jam jar.
- Add the oil and salt and pepper.
- Tighten the lid and shake vigorously.
- Taste and add more oil or vinegar if needed, to taste.