Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple and warm spiced stew from Nature's Fare monthly email!
Make and share this Spiced Veggies and Chickpea Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once heated, add the chopped onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To the onions, add the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped carrots and mushrooms, and then stir in the lemon juice.
- Next add the vegetable stock and the can of diced tomatoes (including the tomato juice).
- Stir and bring the stew to a boil over high medium-heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and allow to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- After the soup has simmered, stir in the olives and chickpeas. Cover once again and allow the soup to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the chopped almonds on top and enjoy immediately so they don't lose their crunch.