Recipe by samcp4
Quick and full of flavour, it is missing something though, I'll keep trying. An amalgamation of various recipes. Use green beans instead of sugar snap peas if you can't get them.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1⁄2 aubergine, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 0.5 (400 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 pint vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato, aubergine, bell pepper, garlic, turmeric, cumin, oregano and black pepper to the pan.
- Stir over a medium heat until the vegetables are covered with the herbs and spices.
- Add the tomatoes and stock and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add the chick peas and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander and serve.