Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
This is a wonderful vegetarian appetizer from www.compliments.ca Moroccan Spice Blend recipes can be found on Recipezaar if you can't find it in your grocery. Sobey's in Canada sells it.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
If you like the key ingredients here - and we love all of them - you'll love these! I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe. I don't recall having ever made anything quite like these so thank you so much, Dreamer, for sharing this recipe, and for the wonderfully clear instructions! I halved the recipe, and two of us enjoyed these Spiced Vegetable Phyllo Parcels (I used a mild Moroccan blend of spices, so they weren't too spicy for my taste) as our main course tonight with several Middle Eastern dips. It felt like an at-home Middle Eastern Banquet. These would make superb appetisers! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 19.71 ml moroccan seasoning
- 177.44 ml chopped red pepper
- 177.44 ml chopped yellow pepper
- 177.44 ml chopped green pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch arugula, sliced
- 177.44 ml baba ghanoush eggplant dip
- 4 sheet phyllo pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions and spice blend until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add peppers, salt, pepper and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add arugula.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
- Stir in Baba Gannouj.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface.
- Brush entire sheet lightly with olive oil. Lay second sheet on top. Cut into 4 strips lengthwise.
- Place 1/8th of filling mixture at one end of each strip.
- Fold phyllo over to make a triangle. Continue the triangle fold to the end of the strip.
- Fold remaining strips. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with remaining olive oil. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve with additional Baba Gannouj.