Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful vegetarian appetizer from www.compliments.ca Moroccan Spice Blend recipes can be found on Recipezaar if you can't find it in your grocery. Sobey's in Canada sells it.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons moroccan seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch arugula, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup baba ghanoush eggplant dip
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions and spice blend until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add peppers, salt, pepper and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add arugula.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
- Stir in Baba Gannouj.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface.
- Brush entire sheet lightly with olive oil. Lay second sheet on top. Cut into 4 strips lengthwise.
- Place 1/8th of filling mixture at one end of each strip.
- Fold phyllo over to make a triangle. Continue the triangle fold to the end of the strip.
- Fold remaining strips. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with remaining olive oil. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve with additional Baba Gannouj.
If you like the key ingredients here - and we love all of them - you'll love these! I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe. I don't recall having ever made anything quite like these so thank you so much, Dreamer, for sharing this recipe, and for the wonderfully clear instructions! I halved the recipe, and two of us enjoyed these Spiced Vegetable Phyllo Parcels (I used a mild Moroccan blend of spices, so they weren't too spicy for my taste) as our main course tonight with several Middle Eastern dips. It felt like an at-home Middle Eastern Banquet. These would make superb appetisers! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.