Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This is a wonderful vegetarian appetizer from www.compliments.ca Moroccan Spice Blend recipes can be found on Recipezaar if you can't find it in your grocery. Sobey's in Canada sells it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons moroccan seasoning
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch arugula, sliced
- 3/4 cup baba ghanoush eggplant dip
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 3Sauté onions and spice blend until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add peppers, salt, pepper and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- 5Add arugula.
- 6Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
- 7Stir in Baba Gannouj.
- 8Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface.
- 9Brush entire sheet lightly with olive oil. Lay second sheet on top. Cut into 4 strips lengthwise.
- 10Place 1/8th of filling mixture at one end of each strip.
- 11Fold phyllo over to make a triangle. Continue the triangle fold to the end of the strip.
- 12Fold remaining strips. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of phyllo and filling.
- 13Place triangles on prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with remaining olive oil. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- 14Serve with additional Baba Gannouj.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Vegetable Phyllo Parcels
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: