Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Cozy up to this spiced up cuppa goodness!
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was so yummy Lorrie. Thanks so much for sharing this spicy, sweet treat. All the spices blended beautifully, none were overpowering, a perfect ratio. I enjoyed this delicious brew over the course of the day, with and without the whipped cream, which I garnished with shaved chocolate and ground cinnamon.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamoms, tips split
- 2 -3 teaspoons brown sugar or 2 -3 teaspoons granulated sugar or 2 -3 teaspoons sugar substitute
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- 4 -6 cups fresh strong coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan, add the water, cloves, cinnamon (broken up),cardamom, and sugar.
- Heat up to the boiling point for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the coffee and the spice mixture, pour into cups and top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate and cinnamon.
- Add more sugar if desired.