Recipe by HokiesMom
Adjusted from Williams Sonoma collection recipe...a very nice spiced muffin. If you love cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and allspice you will love these muffins. I love them with a fresh brewed cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg (grated fresh is best for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant (I do not use this in mine as I just love the spices) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and prepare muffin tins by greasing or lining them with paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and allspice - then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, milk, melted butter (and currants if you are using them).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir JUST UNTIL BLENDED (do not overmix).
- Spoon into the muffin tins, filling 2/3rds full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in tins for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.