Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my grandaunts makes a milk beverage that is spiced up with an assortment of spices. I made a quicker, easier and lower calorie version and jazzed it up with cocoa! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1. Warm milk to just before boiling.
- 2. Mix in the above ingredients seperately.
- 3. Add the milk slowly until dissolved.
I loved this! I used my own pumpkin pie spice mix, and the ginger and cayenne options and it was not only very tasty but also very healthy. I have been looking for ways to include more antioxidants and anti-inflammatory foods in my diet and this recipe delivers.
This gets a 5 for taste but only a 3 for instructions. The spices will NOT dissolve. I ended up straining and reheating the milk before drinking it, because there was too much "grit" in the cup. The flavor was very good though. I used the ginger and the cayenne. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.