Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Lentil and brown rice casserole with a bit of zip. Made from the random odds and ends hanging around my pantry and fridge.
- 177.44 ml lentils
- 118.29 ml brown rice
- 709.77 ml broth
- 177.44 ml onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 7.39 ml italian seasoning
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 1.62 ml curry powder
- 0.59 ml granulated garlic or 0.59 ml garlic powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 236.59 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in an 11" x 7" glass baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minute.