Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Lentil and brown rice casserole with a bit of zip. Made from the random odds and ends hanging around my pantry and fridge.
- 3⁄4 cup lentils
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 3 cups broth
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄3 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in an 11" x 7" glass baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minute.