Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
The most intense flavour of an orange come not from the juice, bit from the essential oils in the outer layer of the skin, better known as the zest. When used along with honey and mustard as a marinade for turkey, it helps to make a meal that tastes truly fabulous when cooked.
- 1 finely grated orange, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain Dijon mustard
- 500 g lean turkey strips
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 6 green onions, thibly sliced
- 120 g watercress
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 100 g vine ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- Toss together the orange zest and juice, honey, wholegrain mustard and turkey strips and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the turkey strips over a high heat for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and sticky. Add the salad onions, remove from heat and toss.
- Divide the watercress, orange segments and tomatoes between servong plates and spoon the turkey over the yop. Drizzle with any pan juices and serve straight away.