Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from Cooking Light. Serving size: 5 oz.tuna, 1/2 c. pasta, and 2 T. wine sauce. 439 calories, 15.1 g fat, 26.7 g carb, 1.7 g fiber, 69 mg cholesterol.
- 1 cup dry white wine, divided
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tuna steaks (each steak should be about 1-inch thick and weigh 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted Greek olives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass measuring cup, add 1/2 cup wine and the tomato halves.
- Cover with plastic wrap and vent; microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture boils; let stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Strain tomatoes using a sieve into a bowl; reserve liquid; chop tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes, 1/2 cup wine, and orange juice to the reserved tomato liquid; set aside.
- Put fennel seeds and peppercorns in a spice grinder; process until finely ground.
- Pour ground spices into a small bowl; add in 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, orange rind, and garlic; stir to combine.
- Spread spice mixture evenly over one side the the tuna steaks.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick frypan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Place steaks in skillet with crust side down.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish is medium-rare or desired doneness.
- Remove tuna steaks from skillet and keep warm.
- Add wine mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt, olives, and pepper to the skillet; cook for about 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Mix together the pasta, 1 teaspoon oil, and cheese in a bowl; toss to mix.
- Serve tuna over pasta; drizzle with wine sauce.