Recipe by Ceezie
This recipe came from Raley's via Campbells. I haven't made this yet but it sounds cute and really good.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Spray 7 empty (10-3/4 oz.) soup
- cans (label removed) with vegetable cooking spray. Mix flour, sugar,
- baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves in a large
- bowl. Add soup, shortening, eggs and water. Beat until mixed, using
- mixer at low speed.
- Spoon into prepared cans and place on baking sheet. Bake for 30
- minutes or until done. Cool in cans on wire racks. Remove cakes from
- Drizzle tops and sides of cakes with Orange Icing. Top with
- orange zest, chopped nuts or red candied cherries cut in "leaves."
- Orange Icing: Mix powdered sugar, orange juice and grated orange rind. For gift-giving: Leave cakes in cans. Cover
- cans with wrapping paper. Add pieces of ribbons, gold medallions,
- holiday stickers, etc. Wrap in plastic wrap and tie with ribbon.