Recipe by ID
Perfect for a quick and tasty snack, I formulated this recipe as a fusion of Indian and Far Eastern flavours as part of my current 'obsession' with wraps.
- 8 -10 ounces smoked tofu
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 ounces watercress, chopped medium-fine
- 6 -8 flour tortillas (depending on size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Press the tofu by wrapping in a clean cloth and placing a weight of at least 5 pounds on top for 20 minutes.
- Remove and mash the tofu with a potato masher or fork.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat and briefly fry all the spices, then add the mashed tofu and stir well.
- Season with soy sauce and ensure that all the ingredients are well-mixed.
- Transfer to a bowl along with the chopped watercress and mix well.
- Allow to cool a little.
- Lay out a tortilla and place the appropriate fraction of the mixture on the inside.
- Spread into a rough circle about two-thirds of the diameter of the tortilla and beginning close to one end.
- Begin to roll the tortilla from this end, hold, fold in the sides (about 1½" at the maximum), then continue rolling- the folded-in sides should be held firm.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, storing loose end down, then cut all the tortillas across in two and serve.
- Will keep well overnight if refrigerated.