Recipe by yogiclarebear
From Fine Cooking's "Cooking Fresh." This salsa is wonderful and versatile. Even though this recipe is for 2 servings, I suggest you make the whole batch of salsa (Mango Black Bean Salsa) and store it for other dishes. It is obviously easier to make in larger batches. Try this spice rub on chicken or grilled chops as well!
- 283.49 g tilapia fillets (2 fillets @ 5oz each)
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.75 ml black pepper
- 78.07 ml canned black beans, rinsed and drained (I like Westbrae Organic)
- 0 medium ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 0 medium tomatillo, paper covering discarded and diced
- 0 medium red onion, chopped
- 28.39 ml lime juice
- 28.39 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 0.59 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For salsa: Combine all in a bowl and mix. Store in refrigerator, covered, until used.
- For fish: Mix all spices and rub both sides of the fillets equally with the mixture.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray, generously. Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook the tilapia fillets in the skillet until lightly browned and the flesh is opaque and flakes, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with cold OR warmed salsa!