Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Delicious snack that is perfect when dipped into a sauce such as my Cucumber Vinegar Sauce.
- 3 1⁄2 cups corn kernels (from frozen is better than from canned)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- oil (for frying in)
- Combine all ingredients except for the oil, mixing well.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes to allow the baking powder to become activated Heat oil in large pan or flat-bottomed wok over medium to high heat.
- Drop large teaspoonfuls of corn mixture into the oil.
- Allow to fry about 3 minutes each, until golden, turning once or twice.
- Remove corn cakes from oil and place on paper or cloth towel to wick excess oil away.
- Arrange on plate and serve.
These were waaay good. I forgot the celery, so I just added more corn.
These were really unique tasting and good--kind of like Asian corn latkes. I only used 1/2 T red curry paste and it was still too spicy (and I love spicy food), so I think it depends on the paste. Thanks for posting this!