Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is from Sunset Magazine. I love Earl Gray tea, so I'll have to try this!
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 whole cardamom pods
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5 earl gray tea bags
- 8 cups cranberries
- In a 4 quart pot over high heat, combine the water, sugar and spices. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tea bags and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and spices with a slotted spoon and add the cranberries.
- Increase heat to medium-high and simmer, stirring often until cranberries soften and split their skins and the sauce thickens, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before serving (the sauce will thicken further as it cools.) Or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
I developed this recipe for Sunset :) So glad you liked it!
I made it for Thanksgiving and loved it. It lasted much longer than 4 days in the refrigerator. Judith