Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful little cookie that goes well with coffee, or tea of course! Makes alot!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 5 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon.
- Mix soda with buttermilk and add to mixture.
- Add flour small amount at a time.
- May be rolled into balls or dropped by teaspoon onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven aproximately 10 minutes or until just brown.
I forgot to mention that I cut this recipe in half before I made all the modifications previously specified in my review. I'm sorry if this caused any trouble for anyone.
This is simple to make and good .. I agree, it is more of a biscuit that it is a cookie .. thank you for sharing
These are mildly spiced, easy to make and retain their shape when baking (don't worry about spreading). My dough seemed very dry, so I added more buttermilk. The results are really a biscuit, rather than a cookie or cake, in the true sense of the word. Plain and perfectly understated flavor to serve with coffe or tea.