- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 5 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon.
- Mix soda with buttermilk and add to mixture.
- Add flour small amount at a time.
- May be rolled into balls or dropped by teaspoon onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven aproximately 10 minutes or until just brown.