1/2 Photos of Spiced Tea and Pomegranate Frappe
"A cool, refreshing pick-me-up drink for a warm day."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice (I use Pom brand)
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled and sliced (1 inch)
- 3 whole allspice, slightly crushed
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 (2 g) bags black tea (I use English Breakfast)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup 10% cream (I use fat-free half and half)
- 1Put juice in a small saucepan and add ginger, allspice, cinnamon, cloves and sugar. Stir.
- 2Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add tea bags and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep 5 minutes.
- 3Remove tea bags and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- 4Strain liquid into a blender and discard spices. Add ice and cream and blend on high until ice is crushed and mixture is thickened.
- 5Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Tea and Pomegranate Frappe
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 112.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 72.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: