Recipe by Outta Here
"A cool, refreshing pick-me-up drink for a warm day."
Top Review by NorthwestGal
I enjoyed this drink. It was a bit too bitter (for some reason) for my husband, so I added more sugar. But I thought the initial 1/8 cup as listed in the ingredient list was just right. The spices really took center stage in this recipe though, as neither of detected the tea or pomegranate juice as much as the spices. I will definitely make this again, just going a little lighter on the spices. Thank you for such a wonderful RSC #18 contest entry. It's a winner!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice (I use Pom brand)
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled and sliced (1 inch)
- 3 whole allspice, slightly crushed
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 (2 g) bags black tea (I use English Breakfast)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1⁄4 cup 10% cream (I use fat-free half and half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put juice in a small saucepan and add ginger, allspice, cinnamon, cloves and sugar. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add tea bags and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Strain liquid into a blender and discard spices. Add ice and cream and blend on high until ice is crushed and mixture is thickened.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!