Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A quick and easy beverage to enjoy on a cold night of festivities.
- 2 cups water
- 3 bags unflavored black tea
- 4 whole cloves
- 5 cinnamon sticks (3 inch)
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Boil water.
- add tea bags, cloves, one cinnamon stick and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
- Stir in cranberry juice, lemon and honey.
- Heat completely.
- Serve in four mugs and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Wow! This stuff is so warm and comforting. The flavor reminds me of wassail. I made it with Rooibis tea, which I thought gave it a great flavor. I'll certainly be making this one again on a chilly Winter night.
This tea made me feel like it was Christmas again, swirling my cinnamon stick and tasting sweet cranberries. It was very warming and I can imagine it would be a tremendous comfort to someone fighting a cold or the flu. This is a handy recipe to keep, and it will be filed in my cookbook for sure.