Recipe by Sharon123
This is the perfect drink, hot or cold. With a warm spice blend, a cinnamon stick, a little cream, and enough sugar to make the South proud — this Spiced Sweet Tea will be a wonderful addition to anyone’s winter(or summer) beverage repertoire. From Folk Lifestyle.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Wonderful beverage. I made this both ways, cold and hot. Depending on the temperature of the day reflected on whether I enjoyed hot or cold. I think I prefer the hot version more. I used milk as I was out of almond. Made for veg 'n Swap tag #62.
- 12 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar (3/4 cup for very sweet)
- 8 teabags black tea (I use decaf black tea)
- half-and-half cream (1 tbsp. per cup of tea-I use almond milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring 12 cups of water to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer.
- Add cinnamon sticks and pumpkin pie spice and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks and steep teabags in the hot water for 7 minutes.
- Remove the teabags and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Ladle the tea into mugs and add 1 tablespoons half and half(or almond milk) per mug. Stir and serve with a cinnamon stick and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Repeat steps 1-4 from the Hot instructions(through stirring in sugar).
- Let the tea cool to room temperature and then pour it into a large pitcher to store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve black or with 1 tablespoons half and half and a sprinkle of cinnamon.