Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Diabetic Living Online... A tasty addition to your dinner, whether it's for the holidays for just a special meal, this one is sure to please! Nutritional Info (per serving): Calories: 89, Saturated Fat: 0g, Sodium: 190mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 1g, Sugars: 2g, Carbs: 18g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Protein: 3g Exchanges: Starch: 1 , carb choices: 1
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups sweet potatoes
- 12 slices raisin bread
- 2 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to boiling. Add sweet potatoes. Return to boiling, then reduce heat.
- Cover, and cook for 7-10 minutes, or just until tender. Do not drain.
- Stir in raisin bread cubes and jerk seasoning until well mixed. Add additional broth, if necessary to moisten.
- Spoon stuffing into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through.