Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From thenest.com which featured this recipe from 150 Things to Make with Roast Chicken by Tony Rosenfeld.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, sliced into 1-inch-wide wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a small bowl, toss together the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar, and cumin.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes with the oil, then with the spice mix until evenly coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet and roast, flipping occasionally, until tender, browned, and crisped in places, about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Really, really good! I will try to decrease the oil a little for health purposes. But, this recipe is perfect otherwise.
Delicious! We aren't big fan of regular potato fries but absolutely love this version of sweet potato fries. Only 1 smal change... our chili powder is homemade & heavy on the cayenne so I cut if back abit for the potatoes. Great combination of flavours and easy to prepare, I even made them on the bbcue once, thanks for sharing.
These tasted very good! I can't really assign stars because my oven malfunctioned and wouldn't heat over 350 degrees so my dish was made as directed...I think I need a new thermostat. So they were soft and not crispy due to my oven malfunction. But they tasted great!