1/1 Photo of Spiced Sweet Potato Balls
1 hr 20 mins
Wonderful appetizer or side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling water to cover for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender; drain. Let cool slightly.
- 2Peel sweet potatoes; mash potatoes in a large bowl. Add pecans, butter, salt, 2 Tablespoons flour, brown sugar, and spices. Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- 3Add some all-purpose flour to a pie plate or small bowl. Drop mixture, by rounded tablespoonfuls, into the flour; gently roll into balls.
- 4In a Dutch oven, pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches; heat to 380F degrees. Fry balls, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Sweet Potato Balls
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 344.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g