1/2 Photos of Spiced Sugar Apple Pie Light
I used French Tart's "Old English Spiced and Fruited Sugar for Apple Pies Etc!" as inspiration for a lighter apple pie, after apple picking. This is a crumb crust and uses little sugar. Feel free to add more if your apples are especially tart. I use Pillsbury Ready Crust, but feel free to make your own. I use a combination of apples tart and sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust
- 5 cups apples (peeled cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup dried apple
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar (spiced, Old English Spiced and Fruited Sugar for Apple Pies Etc!)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar (spiced, Old English Spiced and Fruited Sugar for Apple Pies Etc!)
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1Heat oven to 425°F.
- 2Spray pie pan with cooking spray. Place crust in pan and crimp edges.
- 3Toss apples with lemon juice. Stir in sugars and flour.
- 4Pour into prepared crust.
- 5Mix sugar into oatmeal. Cut margarine into oatmeal, I do this with my fingers, you can use two forks or pastry blender.
- 6Sprinkle oatmeal mixture on apples.
- 7Place in oven for about 25 minutes Then take out and place foil around edges and put back in oven for about 20 minutes more.
- 8Allow to cool before serving at least 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Sugar Apple Pie Light
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 127.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: