Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just made this up today...so far it seems to be either a love it or hate it proposition. Out of 8 of us, 5 think its good, 3 say ehhh, its ok..but its kind of tangy, very refreshing and not too sweet, though easy to sweeten up if you wanted it sweeter. Cooking time is steeping time
- 5 bag constant comment tea
- 946.0 ml water
- 236.59 ml sweetened strawberry-lemonade drink mix (I used Smuckers Brand)
- Bring tea bags and water to a boil; let steep at least 30 minutes.
- Pour still hot tea into a half gallon pitcher; add the drink mix.
- Stir until drink mix is dissolved.
- Fill pitcher up the rest of the way with cold water; enjoy.
- I would say if you like it sweeter, you would be better off adding a bit of sugar to the mixture as opposed to more lemonade or it will begin to taste simply like the lemonade and you would lose the spiced tea flavor.
So good and easy. I had some tea that I bought at Braums and just added Contrytime lemonade mix to taste. Great!
I made this with unsweetened drink mix;it came out perfect. An unususal and tasty good change from regular lemondade. Thanks Janet. Rita
This is lovely. I used a sugar free pink lemonade mix and fresh strawberries. Oh so quick and a true treat. The spiced tea is a favorite of mine and the lemon and berries are a wonderful addition. Made for Zaar World Tour III