Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Strawberry season...Yummmmm! 'Cook' time for this recipe is actually for cooling.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, washed,hulled and halved
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- In a 1 quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except berries and cool whip.
- Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for one minute.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and the cloves.
- Place the berries in a medium size bowl and pour the spice on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Line the bottom and sides of 4 dessert dishes with the cool whip.
- Fill the center of each dish with strawberries and syrup.