Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Carol Alt's cookbook, The Raw 50. She says in the intro to the recipe, "Marinating makes all the difference ... and this recipe is no exception. According to Raw Chef Dan Hoyt, in this spiced squash he created, the more you marinate, the better those veggies can absorb the spices and the tastier they will be. If you want a milder flavor, marinate them for less time." Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Nice and different side dish. I love raw zucchini, so I knew this would be a winner. Next time I will leave the oregano out, as it seemed to overpower the rest of the herbs. I also threw in some parsley. . .hey, why not :) Made for VEG*N TAG. . .thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, soaked for 2 hours and drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (recipe calls for Himalayan salt)
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 summer squash, sliced