Recipe by Kawaiineko32
I'm always looking for recipes that are different from the typical run-of-mill ones. Eggnog is a beverage traditional to the Christmas season in the United States. It's loved by many people. There's an adage that says, "If it's not broken, don't fix it". However, if it's already good, why not make it better? This is a variation on the traditional eggnog. I hope all enjoy it. One more note to make, I don't know how long this takes to prepare, because I've never made it before.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 680.38 g sugar
- 226.79 g whiskey
- 226.79 g cold black coffee
- 141.74 g whipping cream
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground ginger (adjust to taste)
- 2.46 ml ground cloves (adjust to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar on top of a double boiler or in a bowl which just fits on top of but not in a saucepan of gently simmering water.Beat the mixture well with a rotary beater until it is very light and fluffy.
- Remove the pan from the simmering water (after removing this mixture from heat, add spices) and continue to beat until the mixture cools to room temperature. Stir in the whisky and coffee.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream until just stiff, fold it into the cooled egg yolk mixture and chill.
- Just before serving, beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the eggnog. Serve in goblets or mugs, with nutmeg sprinkled on top of each.