Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
For fall/winter office parties.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°; place 18 paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl; set aside.
- In a big bowl, beat the eggs and sour cream with an electric mixer; add in sugar and mix well.
- Then add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, and mix until smooth.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Spoon batter into the cups; bake for about 20 minutes until firm.
- Remove pan from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- Make the frosting: beat the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar and beat until creamy; beat in orange zest and the juice.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes.