I found this souffle in "the best of international cooking" so I posted it for ZWT3 France! It looks very yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 1/2 cup vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons candied lemon peel, diced
- 2 tablespoons candied orange peel, diced
- 1/2 lemon, zest of, grated
- powdered sugar, to dust
- 1Butter 6 ramekins; sprinkle each with granulated sugar.
- 2Pour 2 cups water into a deep baking pan; place in oven.
- 3Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- 4In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Slowly and gently beat in egg yolks.
- 6Stir in 1/2 of the gingersnap- and vanilla-cookie crumbs.
- 7Add cinnamon, cloves, candied-fruit peels and lemon peel.
- 8In a large bowl, whisk or beat egg whites with remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff and glossy. Fold beaten egg whites and remaining cookie crumbs into egg-yolk mixture.
- 9Divide mixture evenly among buttered ramekins; smooth surfaces. Place ramekins in hot water in baking pan. Water should come half-way up sides of ramekins.
- 10Bake 25 to 30 minutes. To serve, dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.1
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 252.1 mg
- Sodium 426.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla cookie crumbs
candied lemon peel
candied orange peel
lemons, zest of