Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this souffle in "the best of international cooking" so I posted it for ZWT3 France! It looks very yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons candied lemon peel, diced
- 2 tablespoons candied orange peel, diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- powdered sugar, to dust
- Butter 6 ramekins; sprinkle each with granulated sugar.
- Pour 2 cups water into a deep baking pan; place in oven.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly and gently beat in egg yolks.
- Stir in 1/2 of the gingersnap- and vanilla-cookie crumbs.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, candied-fruit peels and lemon peel.
- In a large bowl, whisk or beat egg whites with remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff and glossy. Fold beaten egg whites and remaining cookie crumbs into egg-yolk mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly among buttered ramekins; smooth surfaces. Place ramekins in hot water in baking pan. Water should come half-way up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes. To serve, dust with powdered sugar.