Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great flavorful quick and easy main dish. It would be good served with spanish rice, black beans.. sliced avocado.. Nice and lite... It's also from the May 2004 issues of Cooking Light Magazine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons avocado oil
- lime wedge
- Sprinkle shrimp with sugar and salt.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, coriander, and oregano.
- Lightly coat shrimp with spice mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and half the shrimp; saute 4 mins or until done.
- Remove from pan.
- Repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining shrimp.
- Place shrimp in a platter, drizzle with remaining oil over shrimp.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Simply wonderful! We set these shrimp atop Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta and marveled at what a great combination this was. To us it was spicy but not fiery, JUST THE WAY WE LOVE IT! The name says it is "Spiced", so don't expect it to be otherwise. Avocado oil doesn't have a strong "avocado" taste; instead it lends a mellow finish, but it boasts a very high smoke point, so it is perfect for stir-frying. For example, I think olive oil imparts too strong a flavor for shrimp, but avocado oil is perfect for shrimp. So, just think about what your oil is contributing in terms of smoke point and taste, and pick the one that best suits your goal. Made for "I Recommend" tag game based on the recommendation by ForeverMama.
Flavorful shrimp for sure! Very good and easy to make shrimp dish. Especially good with lime juice squeezed over the top. Will definitely make this again especially through both my daughters request (both my girls LOVE shrimp). Thank you Irish in the City for sharing. PAC Spring 2014.
Hubby really enjoyed this dish...me...I thought the flavors were a bit too strong...all I could taste was the spices...this was very easy to prepare...but I do think any oil would work...didn't taste any avocado in my oil...thanks for posting the recipe...=)