Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this in Everyday with Rachael Ray, May 2007 issue.
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix together half the scallions, garlic, coriander, cumin, cayenne, and turmeric. Add shrimp, stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly and seasoning with salt, until nearly opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and continue frying until shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute more. Top with remaining scallions, serve.
- Note: prep time does not include marinating time.
I have made this a couple of times, and it is so tasty. Made a low-carb pasta with it, (rice also works with it). It's now one of my favs, as I have most of the ingredients on hand.