Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great to butter canapes, for use in sauces or on broiled or poached fish.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 lb pre- cooked shrimp, shelled and devained
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- Cream the butter in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Transfer to a blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Place butter in plastic wrap and form into a log shape or place in a ramekin and cover tightly. Store in the refrigerator.