I love scotch eggs and this one from Recipe+ looks good. One of the things I like about this is that it is done in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced).
- Place 8 of the eggs in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil, stirring (this helps centre the yolks) and gently boil for 8 minutes and then remove from heat, drain and cool slightly and peel.
- Soak bread in milk for 2 minutes and add mince, curry paste, remaining egg and parsley, mix until well combined.
- Grease 8 holes of a 12 hole (1/3 cu) muffin tray and line each hole with a slice of bacon, extending over sides and then cover bases with a layer of the mince mixture and then add a boiled egg pointy end up and then press remaining mince mixture around and over the eggs until completely covered and then fold bacon over mince, securing with a toothpick at join and place muffin tray on a rimmed baking tray.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until mince is browned and cooked and then remove toothpicks and stand for 5 minutes =.
- Serve spiced scotch eggs with salad.