Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I can never have enough salmon or lentil recipes in my collection. So, when I saw this one in the recent issue of BBC Easy Cook magazine I wanted to add it to my Zaar collection to try.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces lentils (puy lentils are suggested)
- 1 lemon, juice half and cut the other half into wedges
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 5 ounces low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the lentils for 15 minutes.
- Drain, then toss with the lemon juice and garlic. Season.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the salmon with the garam masala and grill / broil on High for 5 minutes until just cooked.
- Cut salmon into good sized chunks.
- Mix half the mint with the yogurt.
- Toss the lentils with the rest of the mint, the parsley and chunks of salmon.
- Serve with the mint yogurt and lemon wedges.