Recipe by fluffernutter
We're not huge salmon fans in our house -- we prefer a milder fish flavor. But this potent, easy-to-make spice mix magically erases all fish flavor so we can concentrate on the goodness of all those omega-3 acids. The recipe came from Cooking Light.
Top Review by ellie_
This didn't work out for us - I thought the spice mix masked the fish flavor and maybe a bit of oil or Pam may have helped to have a more flavorful and moiste fish. However I did skip the star anise, ground cardamom and turmeric which may have made a difference in how the recipe turned out.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 star anise, pod
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 36 ounces salmon fillets