Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
A holiday flavored coffee that you can have for breakfast as it is made with rum extract.
- 1⁄4 cup ground coffee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom seeds, in posds that have been broken open
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 10 cups water
- milk, to taste
- sugar or artificial sweetener, to taste
- In basket of drip coffee make place coffee grounds, cinnamon stick, and the 3 cardamom seed pods broken open.
- Add 10 cups of water and brew.
- When done brewing add 1 teaspoon Rum extract to brewed coffee.
- Serve. Can add milk and sweetener if you like.
Great pick me up, the rum flavor (extract added a nice touch to it). Better than the starbucks I sometimes get. Spices were just right.
This was a great morning pick me up! A big hit with the ladies who usually want a little coffee in their Bailey's. Lol! The spice was very subtle and the rum was just right. Served with French Vanilla Creamer....Mmmm. Reviewed for ZWT 7.
What a nice treat! I used my standard drip filter with espresso coffee in a big big mug, threw in a piece of cinnamon stick, a dash of cardamon as I could not find seeds and a drop or so of rum extract. Very nice.